The fire is now 70% contained.
“The California Air Resources Board Emergency Response Coordinator has allowed El Dorado County health officials to lift their recommendation that outdoor gatherings and sporting events be cancelled in and around South Lake Tahoe because of smoke from the Angora fire.”
- Non-essential businesses in areas of the city closest to the fire are also no longer being asked to suspend operations, but a health advisory remains in effect in case conditions change.
- “Particulate levels recorded overnight in populated areas close to the fire were significantly lower than earlier in the week,” said Dr. Jason Eberhart-Phillips, County Health Officer.
- “With ongoing containment of the fire and favorable weather conditions, visibility is excellent today and particulate levels should remain within a healthy range for the next several days.”
- He warned that isolated pockets of smoke could persist, and that shifting winds could result in changeable smoke conditions until the fire is fully contained.
- People with underlying lung and heart conditions should be especially careful and remain inside if smoky conditions return, he added.
- For the most current health advisory information, please contact the El Dorado County Public Health Hotline – (530) 621-6140 or visit www.co.el-dorado.ca.us . Read the rest of this entry
The fire is 55% contained.”Light fire activity was observed in all Divisions today. Some isolated interior torching and smoldering with some slight creeping in ground litter.”
- The forcasted wind event did not surface during this past operational period, however is still being forcasted for tommorows operational period, potentially bringing wind gusts to 30 mph.
- A Red Flag Warning will remain in effect until Saturday.
- Good progress was made today on all divisions with a focus on mopup up to 300′.
Still looks good for us to attend retreat.
The following article was Last Updated: June 26, 2007 22:23 EDT .
“Open for Travel
The fire does not include the primary recreation destinations near the lake, and the forest service is not advising against travel to the region.
“In terms of the overall South Lake Tahoe experience, it’s still open to folks,” Fire Service spokesman Frank Mosbacher said. The Lake Tahoe travel season peaks between July 4 and Labor Day, which occurs this year on Sept. 3.
“If people have vacations planned, they can come up. They just need to be aware that there may be some smoke.”
The smoke was blown away by light winds yesterday afternoon, and air tankers could finally be used. Winds are blowing today at 5 mph as 1,889 people work toward containment.”
They are reporting that the fire is now 44% contained.
The following is from the associate director of the camp.
“We are very full with conferences at the current time and everyone is doing well.
Highway 50 is already open again, so transportation should not be a problem
It really is too early to tell what smoke will be like during the weekend; however, no one has left Zephyr Point yet because of the smoke.
Please don’t let people make decisions this early to not come before knowing
the real status which is difficult for us to predict yet. We are being told this
morning that the fire is now 40% contained.
Associate Director, Zephyr Point Presbyterian Conference Center
The fires are 40% contained & are on the opposite side of the Lake. As of yesterday afternoon the smoke was blowing away from the Camp and should pose no threat to those of us with breathing problems.
Go here and here for updated information about the fire efforts.
Reggie will be getting up-to-date information from the Camp director today. I will update this blog and put a message on my phone at that time.
Let’s pray that God’s mighty hand puts out the fires, protects the firefighters, support personnel and homeowners, and that He glorifies Himself in this situation.
Hold Me, Jesus, and be my Prince of Peace. (Lyrics)
Jesus, You make me want to be Brave. (Lorna of Rancho, this one is for you.)
Help my faith to be active, Lord, and not useless like a Screen Door on a submarine. (See more… for lyrics.)
Read the rest of this entry
Newsboys have a humorous recap of Jonah’s not so deluxe accommodation back to God’s plan. Click on the (more…) tab to read the lyrics.
If you missed any of Pastor Mike’s sermon’s on Jonah, go here to our church podcast site to download one or all four of the sermons.
Read the rest of this entry