The planning of this week’s menu is inspired by the group participating in Menu Plan Monday at I’m An Organizing Junkie.
- Sunday Dinner, salad. When the kiddos were growing up, we had this every Sunday.Throw the following in a crockpot before leaving in the morning and it’s already to eat when dinner rolls around. 3 pieces of chicken, sliced veggies, can of creamed soup, 1/2 packet of Lipton’s onion soup mix and one can of some kind of liquid (beer, wine, apple juice). Cook until tender, about 6 hours. Divide leftover chicken for 2 other meals this week.
- BBQ Hamburger (no bun), brown rice, leftover veggies (from Sunday Dinner). Make enough rice for dinner on day 6.
- Chicken Tortilla Soup, mixed salad. To make the soup add all the follwing into a pot and heat until hot: shredded chicken, 1 can chicken broth, 1 can mexican style tomatoes-undrained, 1/2 can black beans drained and rinsed, 1 cup kernel corn (frozen or fresh). Place crushed tortilla chips in bowl. Pour in soup. Top with avocado.
- Tuna Salad, jello, tortilla chips and salsa.
- Baked potato with baked beans and cheese.
- Chicken Taco with salsa, brown rice, black beans, green salad. Mix shredded chicken with 1/2 pkt chicken taco seasoning and some water – heat up until spices are thoroughly mixed in. Put in taco shell with lettuce, diced tomatoes and cheese.
- Veggie patty, (healthy) baked potato soup, mixed salad, jello.