The Chi Machine wiggles me back and forth for only 15 minutes. Strange thing is, as soon as I set the timer, I think about ALL the things I have to do right NOW!
How do you take care of yourself? Are there special foods you eat, activities you do, or people you seek in order to care well for yourself?
I practice (at least) 10 things to comfort myself. When I don’t practice self-care, I get depressed. My schedule gets out-of-balance. I cry easily. And the world looks gloomy.
I like to make sure (1) I am hydrated and (2) drink a daily green smoothie. Other ways I self-pamper are as follows . . .
(3) I like to finish and then check things off my to-do list and/or Bucket Lists. The sense of accomplishment I get is very satisfying. The to-do lists help me stay on task with life’s demands and the Bucket Lists makes sure I add FUN and worthwhile things to my life.
Birthday pressie from my daughter in 2010. Isn’t it gorgeous!
(4) Having a pedicure may be a silly way to self-pamper, but it makes me smile when I look at my pretty toes. Or I LOVE it when my daughter draws henna designs on my feet. The beauty of if also makes me smile.
(5) Epsom bath salt soaks in the tub ease sore muscles and relax me. It seems these days, there is always something that hurts.
(6) Drinking coffee (iced coffee in the Summer and hot coffee when it’s cold), mint or cinnamon tea, or a chocolate blended drink makes me sit down and be still. This stillness helps calm me. And my tastebuds are very delighted with these drinks.
(7) Writing and thinking about why I am grateful, reminds me how much I am loved and blessed by people and by God. Practising gratitude helps me put life into perspective.
(8) Snuggling under a blanket (even in the Summer) for a nap brings me comfort and refreshment.
(9) Talking with God or a select few also give me a balanced perspective on life.
My daughter bought this for me from Craig’s List. My first Chi machine lasted 10 years.
(10) I also like to Chi. The Chi machine helps my asthma, takes kinks out of my back, and gives me energy. Since this is a beneficial 15 minutes, I wonder why I don’t do this more often? I am going to make this April’s exercise.
Your Turn . . . Share a way that you take care of yourself.
Related Posts . . .
NOTE: This is the 2nd photo in my series, A Spring of Self Portraits. This is an item from my Spring Bucket List.
The list of the portraits is after the (more…) button. Just click on it. Read the rest of this entry