As you know, we are serving breakfast at two times on Sunday morning. Therefore,we are looking for folks to help in one of three shifts.
Here are two opportunities for helping.
- Set up tables on either Friday or Saturday morning (April 6th or 7th). Roberta is in charge of this and is flexible regarding set-up times.
- Set up rooms (decorate, put out supplies, etc) or kitchen work (put together parfaits, get the coffee ready, etc) on Saturday, April 7th, 3-6pm.
The preschoolers will have their hunt in the big playground. The others will hunt in the grassy area behind the church office.
Ways you can help . . .
- More filled Easter Eggs are needed.
- Deadline to drop them off is Tuesday, April 3rd (Church office).
- Volunteers are needed to help hide the eggs during the 2nd service.
Contact Danielle Hatler, if you can help or have any questions: 366-6689, email@example.com.
Isn’t it great that the women of CNC will gather for their monthly potluck on
Friday? It is at Deborah’s home from 6-8pm.
Deborah will provide the meatloaf. We bring all the side dishes. I will bring baked potatoes … or maybe a dessert.
Meatloaf is wonderful comfort food. It is supposed to be yucky weather the end of the week. Therefore, comfort food is just the needed thing on Friday night.
Being with CNC ladies is also comforting. And a lot of FUN. There will be some laughter, too.
If you need directions get a hold of me or Deborah. See you there!
CNC’s women will soon attend their annual tea. Many details are organized in order for this event to be successful. One detail is recruiting hostesses for the tables.
We still need a couple of hostesses. The Tea is Saturday, February 11, 2-4 pm at CNC.
Wondering if you have what it takes to be part of this elite group of women? Read on to see if you, too, have the 7 traits that help make hostesses shine.
1. You have an awareness of visitors. It’s like you have a radar as to who is new to a group. There is no new person who is not a friend in the making for you. You tend to make a beeline in their direction because . . .
2. You have a desire to make people feel welcome. New social situations make most of us uncomfortable. You don’t want guests to feel this way, so you intervene. You are able to do this because . . .
3. You are attentive to the needs of visitors. You have the ability to give special treatment or say the right things so others feel more comfortable. You do what it takes to meet their need at that moment. Because you are good at networking them into social circles . . .
4. You are good at helping people become part of a group. Everyone has a need to belong. Your hospitality skills help guests and the “group” to relate well to each other from the beginning. Because you are not pushy . . .
5. You respect the boundaries of your guests. You are good at not being aggressive in your words and actions toward visitors. You gently lead and let them decide for themselves what actions they will then take. People respond well to you because . . .
6. You enjoy people. Your body language, words, and actions all point to your interest in others. You are sincere and have fun in your relationships. You make the encounter about the other person and not your own needs/wants. People are drawn to you because . . .
7. You smile at people. This shows that you have a friendly, welcoming attitude. In addition, you are able to emphatically relate to others making them feel understood and liked.
I am thinking of several CNC women who embody these traits and haven’t signed up yet. Come on, ladies, you know who you are!
Contact Michelle White (Tea Coordinator) today to become a hostess. She has a letter of suggestions. If this is your first year as a hostess, don’t worry, Michelle will be there to guide you. In fact, since she, too, has the gift of hospitality, you will be taken care of well.
Your Turn . . .
- Have you signed up as a tea hostess yet? If not, what is holding you back?
- Have you ever done this at CNC? If yes, what encouragement do you have for ladies who are thinking about being one?
- Would you share a time a hostess helped you feel more comfortable at one of our teas?
“What top notch spot and exciting women’s event is this,” you ask? The annual Women’s Tea on Saturday, February 11, 2-4 pm in Rudat Hall. Every year 10 women carefully craft beautiful tablescapes and pamper their guests with beauty and attention.
Interested in decorating hospitality and hosting a table full of women? Then contact Michelle White today and tell her you’d like to pamper a table of CNC’s finest women.
- Provide the table needs: tea pot, cups & saucers, plates, silverware, glasses, tea, cream, sugar, tablecloth, centerpiece, etc. You may borrow CNC cups & saucers, plates, silverware and tablecloth. Set up a time with Michelle to borrow them.
- Pamper your table of 6: Pour tea, pass goodies, create community.
- Set up and clean up your table. Set up is on Friday, Feb 10 at 2 different times: 10:00am to Noon or 5:30pm to 8:30pm. Clean up will be from 4:00-4:30 after the Tea.
Contact Michelle now to join with CNC’s top notch hostesses: 635-5992 or leave a comment here and I will pass it on.
If hostessing, hospitality, and decorating thrill you, sign up today to hostess your own table.
- You provide the table decor and tea elements.
- The ladies at your table provide the appetizers for your table.
Michelle White is this year’s Tea coordinator.
Ladies, be good to your soul. Contact Michelle today saying you’ll hostess a table (635-5992).