As you know, we are serving breakfast at two times on Sunday morning. Therefore,we are looking for folks to help in one of three shifts.
Here are two opportunities for helping.
- Set up tables on either Friday or Saturday morning (April 6th or 7th). Roberta is in charge of this and is flexible regarding set-up times.
- Set up rooms (decorate, put out supplies, etc) or kitchen work (put together parfaits, get the coffee ready, etc) on Saturday, April 7th, 3-6pm.
The preschoolers will have their hunt in the big playground. The others will hunt in the grassy area behind the church office.
Ways you can help . . .
- More filled Easter Eggs are needed.
- Deadline to drop them off is Tuesday, April 3rd (Church office).
- Volunteers are needed to help hide the eggs during the 2nd service.
Contact Danielle Hatler, if you can help or have any questions: 366-6689, firstname.lastname@example.org.
“What top notch spot and exciting women’s event is this,” you ask? The annual Women’s Tea on Saturday, February 11, 2-4 pm in Rudat Hall. Every year 10 women carefully craft beautiful tablescapes and pamper their guests with beauty and attention.
Interested in decorating hospitality and hosting a table full of women? Then contact Michelle White today and tell her you’d like to pamper a table of CNC’s finest women.
- Provide the table needs: tea pot, cups & saucers, plates, silverware, glasses, tea, cream, sugar, tablecloth, centerpiece, etc. You may borrow CNC cups & saucers, plates, silverware and tablecloth. Set up a time with Michelle to borrow them.
- Pamper your table of 6: Pour tea, pass goodies, create community.
- Set up and clean up your table. Set up is on Friday, Feb 10 at 2 different times: 10:00am to Noon or 5:30pm to 8:30pm. Clean up will be from 4:00-4:30 after the Tea.
Contact Michelle now to join with CNC’s top notch hostesses: 635-5992 or leave a comment here and I will pass it on.
CNC’s Women’s Ministry is organizing a team to participate in the American Cancer Society’s
Relay for Life 24 hour Walk. The Walk is from 9 am Saturday, October 1st – 10 am Sunday, October 2nd, 2011. It will take place at the Mills Middle School Track on Coloma Road.
The below form shows the time slots that are still open for walkers. Email me your info or sign up in Rudat Hall the next 2 Sundays (9/11 & 9/18) if you’d like to walk and/or give a donation.
There is a team fee of $150.00. We are hoping walkers can donate $6.25 to go towards the team fee. If we get a sponsor or raise more than $150.00 all money will go towards Relay for Life. Please make your check out to Relay for Life and give the check to LaRee.
NOTE: As the requests come in, I will update the below form. I will not post your contact info. I will just take away the time slot.
Originally posted September 7th. UPDATED September 26, 2011. There are NOW 12 time slots available. For many of the times, we have 2 people walking! Sign up today to join this worthwhile fundraiser.
|Name||Phone #||Time slots to walk|
|Sat. 6-7 pm|
|Sat. 9-10 pm|
|Sat. 11-12 Midnight|
|Sat. Midnight – 1 am|
|Sun. 1-2 am|
|Sun. 2-3 am|
|Sun. 3-4 am|
|Sun. 4-5 am|
|Sun. 5-6 am|
|Sun. 6-7 am|
|Sun. 8-9 am|
|Sun. 9-10 am|
I like to pray. But sometimes I feel overwhelmed and paralyzed. There is so much to pray for. Sometimes I don’t know where to start and I don’t know when I am allowed to stop. I often don’t have good prayer boundaries.
I love the boundaries the secret sister program provides. On the Secret Sister form, we all write down our prayer requests. Wahoo – there is no guessing and no worrying that I’ll forget a major request.
I pray according to my sister’s written requests. However, many, many times I find myself praying beyond the boundaries. I think it’s because I am not worrying about doing it right. I will add prayers that are linked to my Scripture reading. Since I always make it a point to talk to my secret sister at least once a month (she doesn’t know I’m her ss), I add prayers from points that came up in our conversations. And sometimes as I am quiet, the Lord will bring something to mind for me to pray about. This type of prayer does not overwhelm or paralyze me.
CNC ladies, join us in this prayer ministry.
- You’ll have good boundaries that aid in praying and encouraging your Secret Sister.
- Plus, you will also receive prayer and encouragement.
- You can’t ever get enough prayer.
- You can’t ever get enough encouragement.
Why don’t you click on the link for the secret sister form 2011 pdf or the Secret Sister Form 2011 online form? Fill out the form. You still have time to turn it in to Marsha by the February 15th deadline.